Friday, June 1, 2012

Deconstructive printing and more

I printed several extra pieces of fabric last summer when I was working on samples of deconstructive screen printing for Shelly Stokes book Rubbing Plate Roundup. One of them never got finished so I pulled it out and went to work. This is how it looked when I got it out.
A close up shows the pattern I was getting by using the rubbing plates to texture the thickened dye on the screen.
This is how it looks today, more prints,a bit of red-orange and some background color.
This is what draws me to this type of printing - the organic looking shapes that happen when the dye breaks down.
Now all I have to do is figure out what to do with it. I also did some printing on the bright orange fabric that Kathleen gave me when we were screen printing on Mothers day. This was very hard to photograph, I finally had to focus the camera on the white design wall then take the picture, otherwise it would pickup just the light part of the printing not the dark. I'm not sure where this one will go next.
Daily project #78 -#80.

No comments:

Post a Comment