I've made 2 donation tops, the quilting will have to wait till I get back.
The final outside stitching and facing were put onto the tree.
On February 1, SAQA is starting another 100 days project. I'm ready to go and will have several pieces with me to stitch on my travels. I started with a piece of silk that I had screen printed about a decade ago.
Flannel was fused to the back and it was cut up into 5" squares, all ready to stitch. At the end of the 100 Days they will all be rearranged and sewn back together. Right now they re lined up ready to go.
2020 Daily Stitching, rainbow scraps
Last week it looked like this
Now it looks like this.
2020 Weekly Leaf, The Burr Oak Leaf Series
Week #3, cyanotype, color removed with TSP and then soaked in tea.
Week #4, Cyanotype, color removed with TSP and then soaked in red wine
I've started another "25 Million Stitches" panel, this time I'm using part of a vintage pillowcase and some of my very old embroidery floss.
This will be going with me also and I have no plans for it, I'm just doing some freeform stitching.
I'll be flying to Washington State later this week to spend a couple of days with family, then my daughter, granddaughter and I will be flying to Thailand!!! I'm very excited! The blog posts should return around the middle of February.