Tuesday, June 19, 2012

More of splat

The splat piece that I showed in my last post has turned into a piece of fabric to cut up. I had an idea that with some refinement will work on it's own, but I did it over top of what I had already printed and it was not a success. I've included a picture so you can see for yourself. I did use the screen that I left with dye on it on another piece of fabric and am much happier with it. I started with the blue dye and you can see some of the dried resist spots still left on the screen. I then switched to green dye, then yellow dye and finally red dye, the colors are a bit muddy because I didn't clean the screen between dyes. On the red prints you can see that there are no resist spots left, all the dried dye is gone from the screen. I'm going to continue to play with the splat images and see what else I can come up with. There was still some thickened dyes leftover so I used them to dry brush onto another piece of fabric,this one I love. The remainder of my leftover thickened dyes got spread onto a piece of cotton/silk fabric that already had some brush marks on it from fabric paint. It was a piece in my reject bin,now it has some spots that that have promise. I use a viewfinder and move it around the fabric to find the good parts. Those parts will go into some little compositions or fabric postcards. This week is Fiddle Festival week here in Weiser, so I'm busy doing things that I only do once a year, which will probably get in the way of me accomplishing anything in the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment