Monday, November 24, 2014

Updates

Over the past few weeks I've done a bit more updating on this blog. I've added more pages, up at the top are some new tabs for my Circle Quilts, Leaf Quilts and Daily Stitching projects. There's probably a bit more tweaking to do but I'm slowly getting it done.

I'm also now an official Idaho Master Gardener, a couple of weeks ago I got my vest and name tag.


Over on my Daily Photo Blog I'll be doing a calendar giveaway to celebrate Five years of daily photos. There are times, like this past week, when I consider not doing it anymore, but it has become a part of my life and I like taking photographs. So I guess that means I'll be starting year #6 on Nov. 30.

Void #8 is also finished. Now that I have eight I'll do the companion piece to each one, reversing the black and white.
void #8
8"'x8"x1.5"
This weeks leaf is an oak leaf. I applied fabric paints with a sponge to the back of the leaf.

Turned the leaf painted down on my fabric and pressed with my fingers.


The resulting print was fairly light but easy enough to see to stitch it.


The Weekly Leaf #47






Daily stitching updates

Line Dance #322-#328


The Daily Paper #250-#256





Linked to "Off the Wall Friday"

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations.....what an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On top of everything else, now you're a Master Gardner?! I'm impressed. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! was this a course? Did you have to plan a project or design a garden? what will this qualification entitle you to do? Acquire unique leaves from a range of places? LOL

    and are you going to stitch the paper towel with the aura from when you sponged the paint onto the leaf? ;-)
    Sandy in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the swirls of stitching. reminds me of wind blowing leaves around. Wonderful accomplishment of being a Master Gardner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an inspiration, Linda. I love how the daily stitching and leaf studies enhance each other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are obviously a lady of rhythm and routine - not to mention discipline and perseverance! I love void 8. Can I ask what a Iadaho gardener is?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your leaf is very beautiful and the stiches lovely!

    ReplyDelete