Friday, May 7, 2010

Home from another road trip

We've been on a very busy road trip to Nevada. Some great clouds on the way there.

Part of our trip took us out to the middle of Nevada on highway 50 (America's loneliest highway). So we had to stop for photos of the shoe tree. Those are all shoes hanging from the tree. It's been there for many years and the gully beneath the tree is full of shoes that have fallen off.


Also on the trip Don bowled in a tournament, we celebrated a one year olds birthday, saw three of our five kids, and I did a 10k race with my son. Twenty years ago I used to do a bit of race walking and averaged a 12 min. mile. I still walk, but not at that pace or distance so I was pleased that I averaged a bit less than 15 min/ mile. My feet weren't quite as happy.


My son came in 1st in his age group and my 5 yr old grand daughter ran in the kids race, doing a mile in 15 min.

It was a fun trip, but now I'm ready to get back to the studio and actually make something.

No comments:

Post a Comment