Monday, October 24, 2016

Weekly Leaf, daily stitching and donation quilts

The Weekly Leaf

This weeks inspiration came from the latest issue of Through Our hands Magazine. If you've never read this magazine you are in for a treat, you can either read it for free or buy a copy. One of the photos in this issue was just the inspiration I needed, my colors are different and so is some of the stitching, but the idea is the same. Read the magazine and see if you can find it. My color inspiration came from some of the glorious trees dotted here and there in our landscape this time of the year.

Week#42




Daily Stitching updates

Gelli prints #292-298





Shades of Orange #219-225




I've also done some quilting this past week, on donation quilts. There is a group of us that get together and sew, eat, drink, talk and we do put together several quilts throughout the year to donate. The first two are our latest, made from 5" squares that we get from Benartex.


The last is one I made from assorted scraps.

I'll be linking to "Off the Wall Friday" and "Slow Sunday Stitching"

5 comments:

  1. Your stitching prompts me to hone my embroidery skills. And I love the first donation quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely handwork projects! Visiting from Slow Sunday Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitching looks so lovely... so flat and even...
    just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete