Tuesday, August 18, 2009
These are 4 mono-prints I did yesterday, I love them. They are imperfect, messy and great fun to do. Each piece is about 22" square. At first I thought I would add a splash of red to them, but now I'm thinking of adding embellishment of some kind. Threads, beads, needle felting, foil - ah the possibilities. When done I"d like to hang all 4 together. It will take me awhile to make a decision, so I'll probably do some more while I'm cogitating on my next move.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
I finally got the kimono printed, batched,washed out, ironed and sewn back together. I'm quite happy with the way it turned out, especially since it has been sitting in my stash of things to dye for more years than I can remember. Not the greatest picture, it's pinned to my designs wall, but at least you can get an idea of what it looks like. The whole piece was stretched out on my print table (I had opened up the side seams), and screen printed. then I used a squeegee and scraped the dye onto the bands. The orange circles were put on first, then covered with freezer paper to keep them untouched with the turquoise/blue printing. Unfortunately it doesn't fit me very well - probably why it was in the stash for so long.
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Here's a picture of Studio B. It's about 20' from the back door of our house. I spent most of the day there; and it felt good to get back to work. I went camping for a few days last week, it felt good to get away and do something entirely different. But now it's time to get to work and get the fabrics for my Master class assignment done.
After doing the sample pieces for the kimono (see last post), I've now changed my mind and am planning something different. If all goes well I should have pictures soon, if not I guess I could post what goes wrong. Today I did some smaller color samples and realized that I could make samples forever and not get anything done. The more samples I make the harder it is to make a decision. I've got to just do it!