Monday, October 31, 2016

Ghosts, mosaics, encaustic and stitching

This week has seen a variety of creative spurts, I made some fabric Halloween postcards for some special youngsters.

Took a bowling ball that had a crack in it to Marbella, a local business where you can paint pottery and/or do mosaics. This is the ball before, you can see the crack on the upper left.

This is how it currently looks.

The orange circle is the top, I still need to add more glass to the bottom half(the part you can't see in the picture) and then make the decision to do either black or white grout. At first I was thinking white but more that I have more done I'm leaning more towards black. What do you think? It will be yard art when I'm done.

When Kathy Loomis was visiting I showed her some of the encaustic pieces I had done, she took pictures and then had me answer questions about encaustic. She is doing a series of blog posts about textile artists that also do encaustic. You can read the one about mine here. Today I cleared the area around my encaustic supplies so that I can do some more, it's been awhile.

The Weekly Leaf
This week I used a few leaves picked up on my walk and the gelli plate.

Week #44




Daily Stitching updates

Gelli prints #299-305





Shades of Orange #226-232





I'll be linking up to "Off the Wall Friday" and "Slow Sunday Stitching".

6 comments:

  1. I really like the idea of doing mosaic on a bowling ball. Never thought about it. I think deep blue or black grout would be great on it. Beautiful stitching on your leaves as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Jeanne. There is nothing like black to make colors pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to repurpose the cracked bowling ball! I love all of the stitches you are using on your leaf pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting textile project going on! Very clever idea with the bowling ball. I agree I would go with black grouting. It will make a really original piece of garden art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stitching is beautiful. I would go with the black grout. You can already get the idea because the ball is so dark.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to make a bowling ball into a mosaic! So fun!

    ReplyDelete