Monday, October 10, 2016

A big yellow hand

I stitched the three big hands in the center of my Maker's Hands piece and from a distance all you can see is one big yellow hand.

Up close the other two are more visible.


I think the next step will be to add more stitching, if it works I'll show you next week.

These are the nice heavy threads that I'm couching down.

The Weekly Leaf

I frequently walk by a Japanese Maple tree and the leaves are looking pretty dry and ragged after our hot dry summer. Luckily in Spring I picked a few of the fresh leaves and pressed them and while going through my dried leaf stash I came across them again. I used them with the gelli plate and Jacquard's textile paint.


Week #41





Daily Stitching updates

Gelli prints #278-284





Shades of Orange #205-211




I'll be linking up with "Off the Wall Friday" and "Slow SundayStitching"

6 comments:

  1. I'm wondering if you could outline the other two hands in yellow and fill them in with red and blue.
    Love your weekly leaf as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellow is tricky to work with. A little goes a very long way in being seen. Your yellow is luscious and vibrant. Clearly determined to be standout. Would a creamier, less neon like yellow do the trick?

    You have a leaf stash? Of course it makes sense. No matter the season you can work on your daily leaf. This one is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitched handprints are fun ... I like that they're in primary colors! Your leaves, as always, are beautiful. But (don't laugh) instead of maple I saw marijuana, which they are very obviously not. I don't know where my head is. LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the hand design I see the peace sign :)
    Love the close up photos of your stitches!

    ReplyDelete