The rest of the background is the same stitch only running vertical. Currently I'm entertaining some options; hands cut out of dyed organza, stenciling over the stitching or adding more stitching. I'm leaning toward the stenciling, using paintstiks so that the effect will be subtle. I am not a planner, I just dive in and start and figure things out as I go, this usually works for me but sometimes you just end up with a black hole. Right now the whole project is in timeout while I think and do other things.
I did finish another pair of warm wool socks, although it's been too hot to put them on for the picture.
This week I used the leftover crumpled and painted paper that had been used in week #8 and #10 leaves.
It was cut out of the paper and fused to my fabric.
Daily stitching updates
Gelli prints #208- 214
Shades of Orange #135-141