Monday, August 8, 2016

Sewing for another baby

A young friend is expecting her first child this month, a girl that will be named Nell. This week after our yoga class we will be having a little party for her, so of course I had to make something.

We have also added some new additions to our family. In May our twenty year old cat had to be put down, two days later we discovered that one of the neighbor hood stray cats had had two kittens in our backyard. Even though my dear husband said,"no more pets, he was the first to feed them. The Mama cat is still very leery of us and one of the kittens is following Mama's lead, but the other one has learned how to use the pet door and gets in when it's time to eat. Yesterday I happened to see them sleeping in my herb pots so I had to get a picture.

The Weekly Leaf

This week was a SolarFast week, I painted avocado SolrFast onto a beige hand dye.

Put it out in the sun for 10 minutes.
I forgot to take an after washing and before stitching picture, but I'm sure you can figure it out.

Week #32



Daily Stitching updates

Gelli prints #215-221





Shades of Orange #142-148




Linked to "Off the Wall Friday"

4 comments:

  1. Kittens are so hard to resist and yours are adorable. Love the baby quilt and I assume you made the cute dinosaur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby quilt is adorable as are the kittens and mama!!! How nice you are taking care of them!!!! Love your solar fast. I'm posting in a few days my completed pieces I did using a leaf negative print and Solar Fast. Love that paint!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robbie, I'll check on your finished pieces.

      Delete
  3. Adorable baby quilt, and I really like your Shades of orange series.

    ReplyDelete