Monday, August 17, 2015

More show preparations

The postcards have arrived and I'm working on getting them in the mail, here's a peek for those that aren't on my mailing list.



One of my spare bedrooms has become my "staging" area. Making sure each piece has a label and a matching rod. Right now I'm short a few rods so there will also be a shopping trip involved. The room has two beds, this is how the queen size one looks.

I'm also short a few noodles for rolling the work, but I do have some card board tubes. I'm glad the art work is all done and I'm not rushing to finish  a piece.

The Weekly Leaf

The gelli plate came out this week along with some Jacquard russet textile paint, a piece of green hand dyed fabric and a leaf that was just plucked off a tree on my morning walk.

The leaf was very tender and soft which made it difficult to lay it down flat. You can see the wrinkles in some of it above, but it printed well.
The first print on the left, a print from the leaf itself in the middle and the final print on the right.

Week #33



Daily Stitching updates

Silk Fragments #223-#229




Twelve rows done.



Sari Ribbon #151-#157





Eight rows done.

Linked to "Off the Wall Friday"

4 comments:

  1. That's just what my guest room looked like before my show and I'm sorry to say that it still does because that's where I put them when the show came down. I have to get them all put away. Out of sight, out of mind.
    Your Silk Fragments looks smashing all put together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very exciting….wish I could attend the exhibit…...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stitching collections look fabulous!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pieces that you have staged on your bed look amazing. I LOVE the black/white color scheme. Wish I could see the show. I also am very impressed with your hand embroidery - so beautiful. You've given me some new ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete