Monday, August 24, 2015

Almost showtime

Yesterday we made the very smokey drive across Oregon. We have had smoke in the air for a few weeks at home and a wind shift brought lots of smoke to western Oregon also.


This morning we delivered the artwork to The Arts Center in Corvallis, now they will hang the show. With extra time on our hands we went to Newport, OR and enjoyed some time on the coast. No smoke in the skies and cool temperatures, a wonderful break.

The Weekly Leaf

This week I used a piece from my stash of leaf prints, a green fabric that had been stamped with soy wax and then discharged.

Week #34


Daily stitching updates

Silk Fragments #230-#236


Sari Ribbons#158-#165





6 comments:

  1. Very best wishes for a successful show….as I know it will be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could be there for your show, I'm sure it will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the show goes very well. Glad you got a break from the smoke.
    I have been trying to remember what size your weekly leaf fabric squares are.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love your beautiful work on the top green leaf piece and the exquisite loveliness of the sari ribbon squares. Hope your show is a success.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great leaf. I have been following your weekly and daily stitching projects for a whiles. It is such a great exercise and way to try different techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone, the opening was great.

    ReplyDelete