Monday, March 30, 2015

SAQA Auction piece finished

I finished and mailed in my SAQA Auction piece last week. I used four prints of the blueprinted mimosa leaf and lots of hand stitching, over fourteen hours worth of hand stitching.

I was able to do lots of hand stitching because I'm still keeping the foot up a lot. I did get to see the Podiatrist and he has given me a larger boot to wear.
The one on the left is the original that I got in ER, the beast on the right is the one I'll be wearing for the next three weeks. Then I will have more X-rays done to see if it's healing well enough so that I can avoid surgery.

I did get out to studio b for a short time yesterday and played just a bit. Lisa gave me a new stamp for my birthday so I had to try it out.

I also printed a leaf for next week.

The Weekly Leaf
This weeks leaf was done a few weeks ago when I was playing with flour paste. I cut a leaf out of freezer paper, then ironed the background piece , not the leaf to a piece of rust hand dyed fabric.
Below is the freezer paper ironed on with the flour paste scraped over the cut out, and veins drawn in with a skewer.

Next shows the freezer paper removed and cleanser with bleach painted over the whole piece.

After washing and neutralizing the bleach.

Week #13, yr2

Daily Stitching updates

Silk Fragments #83-#89

Sari Ribbon #11-#17

Linked to "Off the Wall Friday"


  1. Having a broken foot hasn't slowed you down one bit!

  2. Your SAQA piece is fabulous! All that glorious color and texture. I hope you can avoid surgery!

    1. Thanks Jenny, I'm doing all I can to avoid surgery.

  3. Thank you again for a great tutorial on your process. Very interesting with the bleach discharge. Good luck on the foot :-)

  4. Beautiful stitching as always. I'm loving the ribbon project. I do hope your foot improves

  5. Love your SAQA piece and all your new projects. I hope the foot improves and that you can bypass surgery.