While cleaning my studio recently I came across an old piece of fabric that I had dye painted to make a whole cloth quilt. It has problems, the color is off and I had some other issues with the dye - I'm probably to blame since I used dye paste that had been around for a while. I was trying for a triadic color scheme of golden yellow, fuchsia and aqua blue. The aqua blue washed out to a green and I got other staining during the rinsing and wash out. I've now layered it and have it almost quilted, I thought that if I quilted it with the original colors I started with that it might help,but not so much.
The green still looks green and some of the other problems still show.
Might thought now is to either use paintstiks and brush in stronger colors or just paint the whole thing white and start over. I do like the texture from the quilting and it will show up even more with painting. Another option would be to paint the back since I used muslin for the backing.
Daily stitching updates
365 Red Circles #288- #295
Indigo and Rust #216 - #223
Weekly stitching #43
now linked to "Off the Wall Friday"