Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sixty five days to 65, Done!

I spent the afternoon sewing the blocks together. I'm quite happy with it and loved doing a block a day, so much so that I have started a new daily project today.

This is how my cutting/work table looked when I finished the last block yesterday, actually it still looks much the same today, except the blocks in the middle have been sewn together. Tomorrow I'll clean it up.

On the lower right of the picture above you can see blocks that I'm making out of the leftover fabric from "65" - another quilt to donate. In the upper left corner of the table are assorted fabrics that I have printed in some way or the other. Most are rejects, some were samples and all of them are done in black or grey on white or off white fabric. I'm cutting them up into 4" squares and will be doing stitching on them for my next daily project. I've got about 120 squares already cut and I'm starting with just black stitching, but may add color to some. In the lower left is a piece of deconstructed screen print that I'm also planning on doing some hand stitching on.

This is the start of the stitching on the square I picked for today.


  1. It's so fun to see them all stitched together. Your count down fooled me too, so I wished you a happy birthday a day early. :)

    Your new project is very interesting. I will be following along to see where it takes you.

  2. I've loved following your circles. So -- Happy birthday!

  3. It turned out even better than I imagined! Beautiful!