Saturday, March 24, 2012

Daily project update and a quick book review

Here's the six squares I've done since my last post.



That's about all I've gotten done this week, it was a week of several unplanned time suckers popping up. Like new tires at Costco and Costco is 50 miles away and it involved two trips. Nothing bad, just not how I had hoped to spend my week.

After I finally got home from my second tire trip there was a surprise package in the mail. I received a copy of Art Quilt Portfolio: The Natural World a new release from Lark Crafts, written by Martha Sielman.



This book is a feast for the eyes. There are not only theme galleries of pictures, there are many in depth artist profiles. I went straight to the Tree themed gallery since that's my latest obsession and was not disappointed. Wonderful quilts of trees and not a one that looks like anything I would do. I've not had time to actually read any of the artist profiles and am hoping to get some reading time in tonight. I have gone thru and looked at the wonderful pictures and came across some artist's that I'm not familiar with, so I'm looking forward to spending some quality time reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment