Thursday, April 14, 2011

Is it Spring yet?

This morning when I went out for my walk it was 26 degrees, I'm so ready for a bit warmer weather. Actually it has been in the high 50's during the day and we have had some fairly nice days to get out and about. Over the weekend we took a long drive up Brownlee Reservoir on the Idaho side and back home down the Oregon side. Saw some beautiful scenery and took photos from the passengers side.




Yesterday we went out with friends to a "secret" spot along the Snake River to pick wild asparagus. There's not much ready yet but we did pick enough for a few meals. It's one of my favorite flavors of spring.

I did pull a few books out of the bookcase last week, gave a few to a friend, have some more ready to be donated and still have way to many in the bookcase. I decided that it was more fun to go thru fabric scraps and use them, so that's what I did. I made one top that eventually I'll quilt and donate, probably to Project Linus or a local group that collects quilts for children with cancer.



This one was made from leftovers of a quilt that I donated last year to a local breast cancer fundraiser. The yellow fabric is a piece of antique drapery sample that I've had for many years. Feels good to finally use it.



I'm doing some hand stitching around the piecing on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment