Monday, February 28, 2011

New projects

A few weeks ago I showed a piece of fabric that I had stitched and was ready to dye, you can see it here. I dyed it with navy dye, which on silk broadcloth comes out violet. Below you can see how it looked after I had taken out all the stitched resist. I didn't remember to take the picture until I started adding more stitching, that's the touch of yellow in the middle.

I've been stitching over the resisted marks with different colors of threads, and I'm about 2/3's of the way done. I plan on machine stitching the background.

That should keep me busy for a while.

I've also started another knitting project, a sweater. The owner of the yarn shop that guided me thru the socks, told me when I finished them I would be able to knit anything. So I jumped right in with a sweater!

No comments:

Post a Comment