Thursday, August 17, 2017

Quilting spirals, another kitten and eclipse guests

A very quick post today, we are getting eclipse ready! By the time Sunday is done we will have 16 family and extended family members  here ready to view the total eclipse from our yard on Monday morning. The first two arrived on Monday, the rest will be coming at various times over the weekend. We've been stocking up on food and beverages, cleaning and finding space for everyone. We expect to have a great time!

The last two kittens will be going home with my granddaughter, one for her and one for a friend of hers. She is here now and is totally in love with them both. Last Saturday we had another kitten show up and she decided that this was where she wanted to live. We've named her Missy and after eating a lot she came into the studio and made herself very comfortable on the ironing board and slept for five hours.

I'm beginning to think we were meant to have kittens in our life, they most certainly have been fun.

I've had a bit of time to do some quilting on a quilt that has been waiting its turn since early spring.


2017 Weekly Stitching
Signs of Life:The five universal shapes
wk#33

Some blue stitching was added this week.




2017 Daily Stitching #2 days #66-72



I'll be linking up with "Off the Wall Friday" and "Slow Sunday Stitching"

6 comments:

  1. I envy you with your total eclipse party. I will be in NYC for a meet the author event. There will only be a partial, but I still don't want to miss it. I bought the special glasses and hope that I can get outside long enough to see it. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching! And Missy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are in the 98% area, and DH still wants to drive to a totality area. I wish we could view from home like you!! I'd take a housefull of guests over 6 hours of boredom in the heat waiting for the eclipse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your eclipse party sounds like lots of fun! I will be inside at an appointment during the eclipse. Looks like your new helper is fitting right in! Lovely stitching this week, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the kittens, the company, the eclipse and the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are in the 78% area for the eclipse. We will enjoy the semi-darkness. It seems you are a kitten magnet. She is adorable.

    ReplyDelete