My garden is doing quite well this year and I have one large surprise plant, a pumpkin that came up on its own. I know that there were pumpkin seeds in the compost pile, so I think that's where it came from. It has completely taken over one of my raised beds and this morning I put a bit of a support system together to hold up the two pumpkins that were hanging over the edge.
In the studio I finished quilting the green quilt made from pole wrapped shibori fabrics.
Signs of Life: the five universal shapes
This group of five is in a different order and I'm working on the entire piece each week.
So far I've couched down the #3 weight red pearl cotton, machine appliquéd the black shapes down because when I tried to hand stitch them the faux suede upholstery fabric was a bit too thick and very tough to stitch. I'm now adding some random stitching to the background.
2017 Daily stitching project #2, days 52-59
This photo was taken with my camera, the photo below was taken with my iPhone. The iPhone takes much clearer pictures than my camera.