Monday, April 28, 2014

Reconnecting

I am very excited, this afternoon in about 2 hours a cousin that I haven't seen in almost fifty years is going to be here! We grew up in the same area of NY, saw each other frequently as children, then in 1965 we each went in different directions and until last week had no contact with each other. She sent me an email to reconnect, I found out she would be traveling from California back to NY and I invited her to take a 300 mile detour to come see me, and she is on her way!

I have started the t-shirt/cheerleading quilt, there are parts anyway. My granddaughter loves pink so I'm using pink to fill in spaces. Some will be pink and black, I over dyed several pieces of black and white fabric pink. This is what it looks like so far on the design wall.

The Weekly Leaf
For this weeks leaf I used a stencil (from JoAnn's) and paintstiks.


Lots of chain stitch added.
Week #17

Daily Project updates

Line Dance #111- #118



The Daily Paper #39 - #46








Linked to "Off the Wall Friday".

3 comments:

  1. I like the way you used just a section of that big leaf stencil. Every time I think they can't get any better, they do.
    Your cheerleader quilt is so cute. I'm sure it will be well received.
    Hope you have a great reunion with your cousin. I went to my 50th college reunion a couple of years ago and it was amazing how the years just fell away as I reconnected with sorority sisters I hadn't seen since graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I love the texture you achieved with your weekly leaf. You have an eye for how to combine color and texture that stop me in my tracks to study and ponder your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really liked your leaf this week, Linda, but the daily paper is still the best! I get weak in the knees when I see your work on it!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete