Monday, April 14, 2014

Mono prints and a pink cat

I'm now in my 4th week of the online mono printing class and I have really learned a lot. I've made lots of prints, most of them no one will ever see, but I'll share a few of them.

A series of yoga prints.

A couple of hand prints.

I've never done much with paper and inks so this has really been a learning experience. Now I've got to figure out how to take some of what I'm learning and transferring it to fabric.

The pink"jaguar" is on it's way to my granddaughter, here he is getting into the travel box.

The Weekly Leaf

This week I used a print made with a rubbing plate, the Gelli plate and Jacquard textile paint on hand dyed fabric.

The leaves were outline stitched with a stem stitch. As I stitched them I became very enthralled with the negative space around the leaves, so I did lots of french knots in that space and left the veins unstitched.
week #15


Daily stitching projects
Line dance #101 - #104

The Daily Paper #29 - #32


Linked to "Off the Wall Friday"

8 comments:

  1. Of course I enjoy seeing all your creations but I'm especially drawn to the beautiful leaves you are making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the leaves! and the 2 paper stitch works with the white backgrounds.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What thread did you use for the leaves?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The french knots in the negative space were a stroke of genius.

    ReplyDelete