Wednesday, May 23, 2012
New life for a rejected piece
Back in September 2009 I dye painted a piece that I planned on quilting as a whole cloth quilt.I wrote about it here . Well after quilting the center I was dismayed to see some unsightly wrinkles forming that required taking out stitches. The fabric is a very tightly woven pima cotton and all the needle holes remained. I got discouraged, folded it up and tucked it away. This week while avoiding working on my current piece, I happened to think about it, pulled it out of it's hiding place and took the rotary cutter to it. I cut three pieces out of the original that I'm quite happy with. There is some of the original quilting in the two larger pieces that I'm okay with, I just need to add more. Here's how they look today.