Thursday, October 17, 2019

Lots of Stitching

I've started my panel that I'm stitching for the "25 Million Stitches"project.

This is one of three oversized hands that I'll be stitching, each will be a different shade of tan or brown. I also plan on stitching the entire background, that's a lot of stitches but no where near 25 million.

2019 Weekly Leaf, week 42
An eco/botanical print on silk




2019 Daily Stitching #4, days 50-56



This past week I've gotten to spend some much needed time with friends. On Saturday my friend Barbara and I went to Boise to an annual artist open studio event. I bought two of the daily explorations that  Lisa Flowers Ross had done earlier this year.

Each one is a collage of various items she had in her studio, mounted on a 5" square board panel.

Then yesterday a group of us made blocks for a quilt for an older friend that has moved to be with family. We used fabrics that were given to us from her stash. It was good to keep our hands and minds busy and just talk, next week we should be able to get it all assembled.

I'll be linking up with "Off the Wall Friday" and "Slow Sunday Stitching"

5 comments:

  1. I’m guessing you’ve already surpassed that goal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember how I came across your blog, but I have been reading for a few years and just wanted to say how much I appreciate being able to see your art every week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love what you are doing with your 25 Million Stitches. I'm still trying to come up with an idea. I wish I had thought of it first. Your daily stitching leaves are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing your leaf stitches each week and the idea of stitching a hand is intriguing. That would be fun to do with my family's hands for a wall hanging. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete