Thursday, October 10, 2019

100 days of stitching finished

I did the last four pieces of the SAQA 100 day challenge and then spent a long time arranging and rearranging the squares before finally sewing them together.




SAQA 100 Days of Creativity
7/1/19 - 10/8/19
45" x 45"
I've started a new project to take its place, I'm going to participate in the "25 million stitches" project. You can read about it here. I've got my 15"x 32" piece of muslin ready to go.

2019 Weekly Leaf  week 41
Gelli print on vintage silk



2019 Daily Stitching #4, days 43-49





As of today my hubby is 3/4's of the way through his Chemo infusions, so far everything is going pretty much as planned and it looks like his surgery will be in early December. So far extreme fatigue has been the worst side effect, and I hope that's as bad as it gets. Thanks to all who have wished us well.

I'll be linking up with "Off the Wall Friday" and "Slow SundayStitching"

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like progress…..100 days of stitching complete and 3/4th thru chemo…….keep strong!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your finished quilt is stunning! 3/4 way thru and not feeling too terrible, let's hope that continues.

    I am very interested in doing that "25 million stitches" project. Are you backing the muslin with anything, like flannel? I have some vintage napkins that would be great, but they are 20" square. Do you think I could cut them to 15", seam them and hem them. I think this would be so much easier to sew on than muslin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitching is amazing! Such lovely work.

    I am glad to hear your husband’s chemo is closer to being finished than not and the side effects aren’t too horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for telling us about this project... it sounds like a wonderful event! I love the individual blocks you have been showing us for the SAQA 100 challenge, but together they are spectacular...amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is always lovely and inspiring and the leaves take my breath away. Great news about your husband's chemo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stitching is absolutely beautiful, so organic and tranquil. Our work just brings a peaceful feeling to my soul.
    You and your husband are in my prayers. Chemo can certainly bring on extreme fatigue and that can bring a sameness to each day that gets old very fast. We have been living with it for 9 months now. So; each time my Steve has a bit of energy and wants to get out and do something, I have learned to drop everything and go for it. The other day we took a short drive. Went by some construction jobs where he knew the workers and visited for a few minutes, then got hamburgers that we ate in the truck parked along the road, people watching and on our way home we pulled into the feed shop and petted the bunnies, LOL. Sounds a little boring (maybe) but it was our first date in a long while :) Treasure each and every moment.
    God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete