Monday, January 25, 2016

SAQA Spotlight Auction

I will not be going to the SAQA Conference this year but I've sent in a piece for the Spotlight Auction. I really enjoyed participating last year, although the prices went up beyond my budget. The piece I've sent in for this year was a sample I did before last weeks tea bag leaf. For this one the leaf was free motion machine stitched and the background hand stitched. When I read the size requirements for the submission I found that it was the perfect size.


I added the felt back because it needed to be 6"x8". Since it will be matted for the auction, the felt will not show.

The Weekly Leaf
This week I pulled out one of my pressed leaves (I have a box full)placed it on my fabric and traced around it.
Then added lots of stitches.

Week #4




Daily Stitching updates

Gelli prints #19-#25





Sari Ribbon #312-#318





I've also printed quite a few black circles onto white fabric squares, 9" and 6", then cut them into 3" squares. So far I'm a bit discouraged with my results of rearranging them, but it's helping me realize just what I do have to print to get similar results to the small piece I showed last week. Of course those pieces had been printed and cut up several years ago and where much smaller, so trying to recreate them has been a challenge.

Linked to "Off the Wall Friday"

5 comments:

  1. your work continues to inspire me! sunprinting next Monday! can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your SAQA piece. Total elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if I'm going to conference this year-I'd like to but it's that whole time/money thing. Love this piece and I am so thrilled to have a piece of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the french knots are such fun texture. I didn't do an auction piece this year, but I'll probably do a 12 x 12 sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pieces. The stitching adds some wonderful texture. Love your exploration.

    ReplyDelete