11-1-2015 to 12-31-2015
Silk fragments is all sewn together, backing on,quilted, faced, sleeve on and labeled! I bet you can guess how I spent the New Year. Here are a few closeups.
I've also started a new daily stitching project for the new year. This time I'm using my new mini gelli plates that I requested for Christmas.
I was so excited I forgot to take a picture before I ripped them both open. I'll be printing on white fabric in a variety of colors. These are my first group of prints.
I have a pile of different white fabrics that I will be using, both silk and cotton. Here's the next group to be printed, they are cut and have flannel fused to the backs so they will be ready for stitching after they are printed.
And here are the first four, printed and stitched.
Sari Ribbon #291-#297
The new Weekly Leaf
This year I will be using autumn colored fabrics and instead of finishing each block like I have for the past two years, this year I'm fusing it to a square of felt. I have four colors of felt, I may add or make a few substitutions as I go. But the ones I have are cut and ready to go.
The leaf was stenciled onto gold hand dyed fabric with paint stiks.
Week #1, year #3
I also finished knitting this winters pair of socks.
Linked to "Off the Wall Friday"