Monday, November 23, 2015

Holiday Preparations

Most of my past week has been spent cleaning and getting ready for family arriving for Thanksgiving. It's the only time of the year that my house fills up, all four bedrooms and seven beds get used and even the blow up bed comes out of the closet. The fun starts tonight, I'll be driving into Boise to pick up one of my granddaughters flying in from college. The rest of the group drives in on Tuesday and Wednesday. Of course mother nature is getting involved, there are storms predicted for both travel days.

I used the fleece scraps from the robes to make warm beanie hats, a dozen of them.


The kids and grands will get to pick any they want  and the leftovers will go to a local cancer treatment center as chemo hats.

The Weekly Leaf
Lately I've been doodling very simple leaf shapes. 


So I decided to carve a very simple leaf stamp.



Stamped with Jacquards textile paint onto hand dyed fabric.


Week #47





Daily Stitching updates

Silk Fragments #321-#327





Sari Ribbon #249-#255






Linked to "Off the Wall Friday"

3 comments:

  1. Hope you had a good holiday. Love the hat idea. And, happy to have found your blog to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda,
    Do you use a pattern for the hats, or do you just wing it?
    thanks,
    Karol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a pattern that I downloaded from the internet, quick and easy beanie.

      Delete