Monday, September 28, 2015

Slow week

Not much happening in the studio this week, I was busy with Dr.'s appointments and getting things ready for my husbands birthday party/sausage fest. The Dr.'s appointments included an MRI of my left knee that has been getting progressively more painful, the results showed a complex tear in my meniscus. There will be a surgery in my future, but I don't see the Orthopedic doc until next week so I don't know when.

I have been getting a few things accomplished in the evenings while sitting in my big comfy chair.


There's a table hidden underneath this.  I'm working on another pair of socks, a sweater and next weeks leaf.

The Weekly Leaf

This week I got out leaves that I had printed on TAP(Transfer Artist Paper) quite a while ago, the others that were on the sheet were used last year.

Without reading the directions, I put them face down and ironed them to the fabric. I'm not sure if I didn't iron long enough or if the prints don't transfer s well when they are old, but I only got partial prints. The rest stayed on the paper.

I decided that I actually like the partials and will probably use the paper parts in a mixed media application in the future. I liked stitching through the partials better than the perfect prints.

Week #39




Daily Stitching updates

Silk Fragments #265-#271



Sari Ribbon #193-#199







linked to "Off the Wall Friday"

4 comments:

  1. I've really struggle with TAP the few times I've tried it. If I remember correctly, it DOES have a shelf life and it DOES need to be kept sealed in its ziplock bag. Can't recall of any mention of problems associated with pieces printed but not transferred right away. At any rate, like you I rather like the partial prints, and even more so after your stitching of them. Silver linings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the partials so much that I'm hoping the other leftover prints do the same thing.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Linda. Such a pleasure to see your stitching. Love those socks--handmade socks are the best. I understand about knees. In my new job as farmer, I'm wearing knee supports, which seem to help.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  3. The echo stitching around the leaves compliments them well. No fun to have a sore knee. Hope you can get it fixed up soon.

    ReplyDelete