You will note that some are already printed and ready to go, I did a lot of extras last year. The difference in color will be some darker, stronger colors instead of the fairly light neutral and pale green from last year. (A few of last years lighter ones may slip in.)
This week I used the dark green and gold blueprinted one you can see above. This is one of the pieces of colored fabric treated with cyanotype chemicals that I purchased from Blueprints on Fabric. I did this print last fall, the leaves are from a plant I found near the waters edge at the local pond. I think they are from a noxious weed, but I was attracted to how very delicate they looked.
The above picture shows them on the fabric, under glass out in the sun printing. It took about twelve minutes in the sun. It was quite late in the fall so it is propped up to get the direct sunlight.
The Weekly Leaf week #1, year #2
Daily Stitching updates.
All of my daily stitching projects use something that I have on hand in my stash of stuff. This year I'm using four very light weight hand dyed shibori stitched silk scarves. These scarves and about ten others were given to me at least twenty years ago by the woman who dyed them. She had spent many years living in the Philippines and took various art class while there. She gave them to me because she knew I would find a way to use them. It has taken me a very long time to do so, but there's no turning back now.
Then did a lot of cutting.
The Daily Paper #294- #299
Linked to "Off the Wall Friday"