First I used it for this weeks weekly leaf, then I spent some time on Sunday doing blueprints with it. Sometime back in the 90's I did quite a bit of blueprinting on fabric and even taught a class in my backyard for the quilt guild, but haven't done any since then. A few months ago I ordered the pretreated fabric and instead of blue and white I went with a pack of mixed colors.
It's very simple to do the prints. I put the fabric on a piece of cardboard, placed my leaf on top, then covered it with a piece of glass and put it into the sun for 10 minutes.
The fabric is then rinsed and the print appears. I tried all five colors.
I'm so happy with them, each one is 8 1/2 inches square. Not sure how I will use them yet, but I will.
For the weekly leaf I used the gelli plate, but wasn't real happy with the print.
There was a bit of paint still on the back of the leaf so I used that to print very carefully so that the leaf wouldn't fall apart. The print came out very pale, but was enough to give me some guide lines for stitching.
Weekly Leaf #40
Daily stitching updates
Line dance #273- #279
The Daily Paper #201-#207
Linked to "Off the wall Friday"