Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Snow !?!

Snow flakes have been flying around here all day, thankfully none are actually sticking to the ground. I'm just not ready for snow yet, our fall has been so nice that I would just like it to last a bit longer.

I was out of town for a few days over the weekend, so I don't have much new to share. I have started on a small piece (10" x 7") for the SAQA trunk show. After starting I went back and actually read the given information and I may not have made the best color choice. I'm using some over dyed kimono silk and one of the pieces has a black background, and the finished pieces are going to be mounted on black.

The colors are difficult to get photograph correctly. The gold thread is  what I'm stitching the gold side with. I'll finish it and see how it looks on black and if I don't like it I'll do something else.

I did brush some teal paintstik on to the piece I quilted a couple of weeks ago. The color is better, but I don't care for the way it looks. So on to plan B - paint the back! I will probably need to get some more paint, my supply is low because I haven't been using much lately.

Daily stitching updates
365 Red Circles #303 - #308

Indigo and Rust #231- #236

Weekly stitching #45

Monthly notions - November


Linked to "Off the Wall Friday", go check out some amazing work.

2 comments:

  1. If you are going to use wall paint for your quilt, those little sample sizes that you can buy at the paint store are perfect.Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find teal to be the most difficult color to photograph without the correct lighting. For some reason, it throws off all the other colors in the camera. (And most of my pieces have teal in them, too.)

    ReplyDelete