It's been awhile since I've posted. Last week was very busy, we had family visiting, some expected and others that weren't and it was Fiddle week here in Weiser so there was a lot to do. We went to several live performances and I "work" in one of the many volunteer positions available during the week. In general we had a very good time taking advantage of entertainment opportunities that we normally don't have.
I started doing my sketchbook project, small fabric collages fused into the book, my one rule I've set for myself is that each page has to have a circle. Below is the first page.
I also did some more stitched resist. This time I did circles and just put dye on the stitched part. Below you can see how they look with all the stitching gathered up and the dye painted on.
Then I took the stitching out and am now adding more stitching to the whole piece. I'm using some pre-washed flannel on the back. After it's all stitched I'll paint on more dye to color both the stitching and the fabric. I've never done it this way before so the whole thing is an experiment. This is how it looks now.
I'll keep you posted on the progress and results.