Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Art Cloth and my new experiment



Dotti asked about Jane Dunnewold's new book and I gave a quick reply, the book deserves much more than a quick reply. I'm a big fan of Jane and the way she teaches, she covers everything and shares all that she knows. Safety issues, trouble shooting, all that she has learned from experience is in this book. I completed the Art cloth Mastery class in February, it took two years to do, she has managed to get it all in this book. I highly recommend it.

I've finished the stitched shibori piece that I stitched again after taking out the resist stitches. This is how it looked yesterday morning.



This is what it looked like after I painted the dye on and left it to batch overnight.



This is how it looks after washing out this morning.




It came out a bit more pastel than I wanted. I was going for a medium shade and was afraid to use to strong a dye mixture - now I know better, next one will be more intense. I like the texture that I got, I like the process, even though it is extremely labor intensive, so I'm trying to figure out how to use it for an art quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment