Thursday, May 30, 2019

Home Sweet Home

Our trip was fun, but it sure feels good to be back home. It rained a lot here while we were gone, the weeds loved it and I'm still trying to get them all pulled.

The ice in our refrigerators ice maker was close to a solid block, so I did some ice dying.
I used various blues and a green on cotton. I'll probably use them with some of the cyanotypes I have in stock.

2019 Daily Stitching #2
A little over half way, this weeks stitching seemed to take forever.




2019 Weekly leaf, week 22
A botanical print of eucalyptus on silk noil.



I'll be linking up with "Off the Wall Friday" and "Slow Sunday Stitching"

4 comments:

  1. Your red piece is so pretty. I would have run out of ideas long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like the stitching piece. When I saw just the thumbnail, I thought it a quilt and wondered if you had pieced all those tiny edges. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitching projects are always so beautiful. I miss doing handwork but since my focus is on creating work to sell…..time is a huge factor when pricing and with the major competition for all works of art available in this VERY arty town….machine work which I like the least has become my go to. The ice-dyed pieces are great….so can I assume you use folding methods for the fabrics?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore these stitcheries and your leaves are so special rendered as they are on silk.

    ReplyDelete