This morning I finished the stitching on this years first daily stitching project.
I knew I would finish this morning so yesterday I painted the canvas that it will be attached too.
Then after stitching this morning I cut a piece of black fabric and sewed it to the stitched piece right sides together. Trimmed closely and carefully cut a slit in the black fabric and turned it right side out.
Here's the back after trimming, you can just barely make out the stitching line around the edge.
The finished piece backed and ready to mount.
Placed on the canvas but not yet attached, that will happen later this afternoon.
Here it is with the two pieces that I did last year.
Now I have to get the next one ready to start tomorrow.
2018 Weekly Leaf #21
I have one more green gelli print to stitch and then it is back to botanical prints since there are now fresh leaves available.
I also got the last donation quilt finished this week.
I'll be linking up with "Off the Wall Friday" and "Slow Sunday Stitching".