Thursday, May 24, 2018

2018 Daily Stitching #1 done

This morning I finished the stitching on this years first daily stitching project.


I knew I would finish this morning so yesterday I painted the canvas that it will be attached too.


Then after stitching this morning I cut a piece of black fabric and sewed it to the stitched piece right sides together. Trimmed closely and carefully cut a slit in the black fabric and turned it right side out.
Here's the back after trimming, you can just barely make out the stitching line around the edge.


The finished piece  backed and ready to mount.


Placed on the canvas but not yet attached, that will happen later this afternoon.


Here it is with the two pieces that I did last year.


Now I have to get the next one ready to start tomorrow.

2018 Weekly Leaf #21




I have one more green gelli print to stitch and then it is back to botanical prints since there are now fresh leaves available.

I also got the last donation quilt finished this week.

I'll be linking up with "Off the Wall Friday" and "Slow Sunday Stitching".

16 comments:

  1. Your daily stitching piece is wonderful and I especially like the way the three of them look together. Will there be a fourth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes there will be a fourth and a fifth.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous piece with a great finished edge ... and, of course, I love the leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daily and weekly projects are so inspiring. I have read about people doing a 100 day project in the last couple of years and of course you were the pioneer of that type of thing. In June and m going to try a 100 day project of my own. Like you I love leaves and since we only get to see them in this part of the world 6 months out of the year, they are like precious jewels. Since it’s daily and I’m not as disciplined as you I plan to just do something having to do with a leaf each day, leaving myself open. Print, paint, sketch, photograph, applique, stitch - I only hope I can be half as successful as you are with yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what you do! I've found that I'm able to stick with it because I love doing it, I've made it easy for myself by getting everything ready and keeping it relatively simple. Good luck.

      Delete
  4. Super j'aime bien votre série montée et je me réjouis de voir vos feuilles en entier

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is so beautiful and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great series of daily stitching projects! The longer you look at them, the more details you see! I love the fish. Always interesting to see your leaves too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm a Pisces so I decided fish were appropriate.

      Delete
  7. Cool and artsy! Very fun projects. LOVE that leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever and beautiful way to mount your lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was fun to see how you finish the stitchery. And so interesting to see the 3 finished pieces side by side.
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete