Thursday, March 15, 2018

Clearing Out Storage Cabinets

In the past week I've made two trips into Boise to the Apple Store, spent over three hours with a tech and my iPhone still will not send pictures to my computer. Very Frustrating !!

I've been taking my frustration out on my storage cabinets and have been clearing out lots of old stuff. Of course I've found some treasures that I won't part with, but the majority is going away. I found some cross stitch pieces I started fifty plus years ago, finished the last one in the 90's and have never done anything with them.






They are birth records of my three children, the first two were done right after their birth but the last one took over twenty years to do. Then I folded them up and put them away, I think it is time to do something with them. I'm just not sure what.

I've pulled out old samples for classes I taught, lots of old pieces that I look at and think, "What was I thinking?" I pulled out more plastic bags than I'll ever need and a stack of journal quilts from 2001 - 2003, there are more of them around but they haven't surfaced yet.

There's also a stack of books. I have friends coming over for lunch tomorrow so they get to go though  them before I take them to the Library for the book sale.

The only sewing I've done is the hand stitching on my weekly and daily projects.

The 2018 Weekly Leaf #11




2018 Daily Stitching days 68-74
Lots of french knots and some background.


Yesterday was my birthday and I finished my 71 Days of Marks on Tuesday then did an extra on my birthday.


I've completely filled the notebook and have no real inclination to continue. I don't think it will become one of my regular practices, but I did make it through the 71 days.

I'll be linking up to "Off the Wall Friday" and "Slow Sunday Stitching"

5 comments:

  1. Well done for completing the marks! Happy Birthday. I hope it continues to be lovely.
    Commiserations on the phone! But I think the clearing out idea must be happening due to spring or the hopes of it. Or maybe it takes frustrating phones and broken boilers? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ever find out why your phone will not send pictures to your computer. I have never had a problem, until a couple of weeks ago. And now I cannot download my pictures :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday!
    My phone is not sending pix to my iPad, either. I am in FL so I will have to wait until I get home to get it straightened out.
    The baby quilts are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cross stitch birth announcements would make great gifts for each of your children! Happy birthday! I need to do some spring cleaning too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love leaf #11. I like those birth announcements. They might make nice covers for a small photo album of baby pics for each of them.

    ReplyDelete