Thursday, January 4, 2018

Lots of New Starts

I've been busy starting new things!

Weekly Leaf #1


2018 daily Stitching
days 1-4


I also have a birthday coming up in March so I'm doing a very simple daily for 71 days, since I'll be 71. I have never been able to stick with a sketchbook or drawing routine but I love to make marks, so I'm doing 71 days of mark making. I've started with an old sketchbook, a bottle of India ink that has been around for several years and a scruffy old paintbrush.

Day #1

#2

#3

I like the first two, not thrilled with todays, but the whole idea is to just make some marks on a page everyday.

Over New Years weekend I pieced together a quilt just for myself because I love the colors. I had a pack of 10" squares and on of 5" squares from two Moda fabric collections, Shibori and Shibori II.


The back is leftovers and a couple pieces of my hand dyed fabric.


 
There is flannel in between and I'm stitching it with a long running stitch in pearl cotton, because I love the soft texture.



That's it for the start of the New Year, I'll be linking up to "Off the Wall Friday" and "Slow Sunday Stitching".

2 comments:

  1. Lots of new projects for the new year! I am partial to blue too. Love the running stitches...they add great texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful new daily stitching project!
    Inspired idea to try 71 days of mark making!! ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete