Thursday, October 12, 2017

More small pieces

I'm in the process of making more small pieces, both leaves and yoga inspired. The yoga inspired ones were printed a few years ago and were languishing in my pile of possibilities. They are cyanotype on magenta fabric, using some shapes cut out of heavy dark paper.

I've got three canvases painted a dark navy waiting for me to attach them.

I've also started the piecing process with a couple of the wet cyanotypes on turquoise fabric. This is how they look this morning on my work table.

The fabric that was used for both of these is from here.

I did  bit of experimenting with one of my other wet cyanotypes, I dipped it in a soda ash solution to remove some color. This is before.


And this is after.



Weekly Stitching
Signs of Life: The five universal shapes week #41

This group of five will have much less intense stitching than the last one! Since I had an active indigo pot and had taught a class on shibori, I decided to do some stitched shibori dipped in indigo. Each shape is on a piece of silk noil and I'm stitching them to a linen background that was also dipped in indigo, but for a very short time so that it is lighter.

The square  stitched before the threads were gathered.




After the threads were gathered.

After the indigo bath, drying, rinsing and threads removed, but before ironing.

Week#41

I love the texture that I get using a running stitch. It's very similar to Kantha stitching. I also dyed the #5 pearl cotton in indigo.

2017 Daily Stitching days#122-128

The hexagon is filled in and some french knot shapes have been started.

I'll be linking up to "Off the Wall Friday" and "Slow Sunday Stitching".

5 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely work! And you have expanded my vision of what cyanotypes can look like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful as always! The colors you chose to accent the cyanotypes really make them vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally deliciousness! I love the texture of the running stitch on the indigo...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty colours for the borders on your leaf prints!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All you projects are inspiring! Thank yyou for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete