Thursday, October 19, 2017

Just stitching

It's been a quiet week on the creative front, but I did go thru some old stuff and purged! One was blocks from an exchange done in 2000, an online stamp carving group held an exchange of ten inch blocks printed from a stamp that each individual had carved. Most of the participants were not familiar with fabric printing since the majority of the group worked only on paper. Out of the twenty blocks I received only three appealed to me, but I've kept all of them for seventeen years. They have moved into the box of fabric pieces that my grandkids use when they are here and creating.

The other old project was a top done as a round robin exchange back in 2003, I've found a piece of fabric that will work for backing and it will get quilted and added to the donation pile.

There was more "stuff" that just got thrown away, it feels good for it to be gone!

The three little tops I was piecing last week are in the process of being finished, one is quilted , the other two have the leaves stitched but are not quilted yet.



Weekly stitching
Signs of Life: the five universal shapes week #42

The stitched circle
With threads gathered up
After dying and threads removed

Attached to the background


2017 Daily Stitching #2 days #129-135
French knots again


I'll be linking up to "Off the Wall Friday" and "Slow Sunday Stitching".

11 comments:

  1. Going through things and purging is all part of the process isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been away for three weeks and look what you've accomplished! I love your shibori stitching and how you have assembled them. And your wet cyanotype, and the French knots, of course.

    More on my trip when I get around to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve been trying to do a bit of purging too. I donated a pile of Christmas fabrics to a group that is making placemats for shut ins. They were quite happy to receive the fabric. The colours in the borders of your leaf prints just shine and frame the leaves perfectly. That is a crazy number of French knots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stichting and then dyeing really make a gorgeous piece of fabric. Holy Cow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is always so creative and inspiring. Love what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! Loving that new indigo addition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you showcased those beautiful leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work as always. I especially like the blue and white stitched circles. Did you use indigo dye on those?

    ReplyDelete