Monday, June 27, 2016

Fern Blueprint

When we were in Washington a couple of weeks ago we very carefully brought home some large fern fronds, a quilt folded over them to keep them safe. I ordered a yard of pretreated fabric for blueprints and finally had a relatively windless day to do a print.


To give you an idea of size.

I will probably print with it some more and I have a longer one waiting in the wings. I have no idea what I will do with the prints, I just had to do it.

The quilt for our future great grand baby is on it's way to Phoenix for Saturdays party.

I also made Spike, a stuffed dinosaur to go with it and included a Curious George book. The pattern I have for Spike was printed in 1991, so all of the children in our life born since then have gotten one. The Mom to be and her younger sister are the only grand children older than the pattern.


The Weekly Leaf

I gelli printed a pair of leaves that also came home with us from Washington, below are the two prints and the leaves.

Week #26


My camera has trouble with this color, the top photo is the almost correct.

Daily Stitching updates

Gelli prints #173-#179




Shades of Orange #100-#106


Linked to "Off the Wall Friday"
SaveSave

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Linda. Adorable baby quilt and dinosaur. As usual, everything you're stitching pleases me, but I'm particularly partial to the orange series. So glad I was able to stop by. Have a very creative summer! best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fern blue print. Also, the stitching on the gelli prints is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Further on your fern print, have a look at the work of Anna Atkins, who pioneered the technique in the 1850s, eg http://www.getty.edu/art/collection/artists/1507/anna-atkins-british-1799-1871/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret, I'll check it out.

      Delete