Monday, June 20, 2016

A monkey quilt for a great grandchild.

I am going to become a great grandmother in November! The gender reveal/baby shower is going to be held in Phoenix on July 2, we will not be there. I am making  a quilt that needs to be done this week so that I can mail it to get there in time. The color scheme is green and brown with monkeys, the invitation was in greens and brown with a monkey on the card. I found almost matching fabrics, enlarged the monkey picture 300%, and drew out a simple pattern. Below is the enlarged monkey, the card and my quick design.


Monkey #1 fused and stitched.



The completed top.


I found a green and brown monkey print for the backing, have it all layered and now all I have to do is quilt and bind it.

The Weekly Leaf

This week I printed a stem with several leaves using SolarFast avocado green on green hand dyed fabric. Here it is out in the bright sun.

After printing but before rinsing

Week #25



Daily Stitching updates

Gelli prints #167-#172





Almost half way thru the year

Shades of Orange #94-#99


The first five rows.

Linked to "Off the Wall Friday"

3 comments:

  1. What an adorable personalized baby quilt…..you did good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baby quilt is so cute. I'm sure she will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! A perfect quilt!

    ReplyDelete