I will not be going to the SAQA Conference this year but I've sent in a piece for the Spotlight Auction. I really enjoyed participating last year, although the prices went up beyond my budget. The piece I've sent in for this year was a sample I did before last weeks tea bag leaf. For this one the leaf was free motion machine stitched and the background hand stitched. When I read the size requirements for the submission I found that it was the perfect size.
I added the felt back because it needed to be 6"x8". Since it will be matted for the auction, the felt will not show.
The Weekly Leaf
This week I pulled out one of my pressed leaves (I have a box full)placed it on my fabric and traced around it.
Daily Stitching updates
Gelli prints #19-#25
Sari Ribbon #312-#318
I've also printed quite a few black circles onto white fabric squares, 9" and 6", then cut them into 3" squares. So far I'm a bit discouraged with my results of rearranging them, but it's helping me realize just what I do have to print to get similar results to the small piece I showed last week. Of course those pieces had been printed and cut up several years ago and where much smaller, so trying to recreate them has been a challenge.
Linked to "Off the Wall Friday"