I plan on doing leaves again for my weekly project, but I know that I need to make some changes. I've gotten very comfortable with what I've been doing, so I need to step out of my comfort zone and try something new - I'm just not sure what it will be yet. One thing I know is that I want to be able to put them together as I go like my dailies because I dread doing them all at the end. In fact that's one of the things I've been working on this week. I've quilted a large rectangle of green linen and I'm
checking out spacing of the weeklies so I can trim the rectangle down and bind it before attaching each one.
I also finished five little pieces that I did mainly to use the five 4" x 5" canvases that I've had for a very long time. I used a strip of natural colored silk noil that had been printed with a large rubber band and black paint. It was cut into five pieces, each one backed with flannel and stitched. Then I used watered down mat medium and attached them to the canvas. After drying the fabric and stitching is very stiff, but I rather like it.
The Weekly Leaf
This weeks leaf is more of the leaves that my friend Jeanette had given me and I had printed onto fabric.
Then stitched .
Daily Stitching updates
Silk Fragments #349-#355, only ten days to go!
Sari Ribbon #277-#283
Linked to "Off the Wall Friday"