Thursday, March 15, 2012

A birthday yarn

My wonderful husband gave me a delightful birthday gift yesterday morning. He had gone to my favorite yarn shop (now closed) during the final week when everything was 50% off and purchased a whole bunch of yarn. Tuesday after I had gone to bed he strategically placed yarn around the house where he knew I would find it. The first two were at the coffee pot, then there were two by the computer, one by the sewing machine and on it went, until I found the last two as I picked up my yoga bag to go to yoga class. I ended up with thirteen skeins of yarn, both sock weight and worsted weight - all different! I know eventually some of it will become socks, but I have no idea what I'll do with some of it.

A few weeks ago I emptied a basket that was overflowing with fabric scraps - now it is filled with yarn!

1 comment: