Sunday, March 18, 2012

Another rejection and a new daily project

Yesterday I received an email rejection from SAQA for my very large circle piece. I had entered it in an exhibit called "Sense of Scale". Now I need to find somewhere else that it may fit.

I started my new daily project on my birthday last Wednesday, below are my first five pieces. I plan on doing this for a year, ending the day before my next birthday.



I have no real plans for these and I'm trying not to form one. I just want the daily stitching to be a form of meditation and I am just responding to what ever is already printed on the square I choose. Some squares are covered in paint or dye and others have almost no marks on them at all. I'll take pictures of recent groups, but not daily ones. I let my "65" daily project take over my studio and I don't want that to happen with this one. I do tend to become a "bit" obsessive about these things.

Speaking of obsessive, lately I have taken a large quantity of photos of trees, many of them in black and white. This one is one of my favorites.



So I'm thinking it might be a sign that my circle obsession is fading and I may be moving toward trees, or not. Notice I'm still in black and white mode. I should count how many black and white circles I've made over the past few years. I'm not a sketchbook person, but I'm giving it a try for trees. I'm particularly drawn to the stark winter trees that I've been looking at for the last several months. I'm not sure how I'll translate them into fiber or if I even will, I just know that right now I'm very drawn to them.

1 comment:

  1. Trees are so varied, with so many options to try. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete