Thursday, July 11, 2019

Sunflowers

 These are the towering sunflowers in my back yard, it's like a sunflower forest. That's the roof of my neighbors house in the background. I was standing when I took the picture, I think this year they are the tallest they've ever been. I planted a few along our fence 14 years ago the first summer we lived here and have had sunflowers ever since. I pull out handfuls of them in the spring that are growing where I don't want them, but generally just let the rest grow.

2019 Weekly Leaf #28
Solar fast on silk.



2019 Daily Stitching #3 days, 8-14
Just a detail picture, I forgot to take one of the whole piece. The outside line looks wimpy to me so I may add more to it.

SAQA 100 days of Creativity, days 5-11






I'll linking up with "Off the Wall Friday" and "Slow Sunday Stitching"

9 comments:

  1. I knew you would come up with something great for your green piece. Concentric circles? Have you considered lacing for that outside line to give it some oomph?
    I envy your sunflowers. I planted seeds in a very large pot outside of my deck and the birds ate all the seeds. No flowers this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sunflowers are wonderful - they must be very happy to grow so tall! I enjoy seeing your leaf designs, daily stitching, and other projects each week. So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you sunflowers! Our patch has not bloomed yet, but soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sunflowers, I just posted about wanting to embroider sunflowers. Your stitching is so beautiful and quite inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stitching. I love sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder what kind of stitching designs the sunflower could inspire! You made me smile with the "wimpy" line comment! Enjoy your slow stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always intrigued with your stitching; you amaze me each time I come to visit. I'm also a big fan of the sunflower and don't they make a wonderful summer privacy screen :)

    ReplyDelete