Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Autumn inspiration

Autumn has arrived in Idaho and the leaves are looking pretty good, even the ones that have to be raked up.
Before we left on our trip, I prepared a pile of silk hexagons so that they were ready to baste the edges down. I haven't done them all (and I may not), but the ones that are done have been put up on the design wall. I'm still unsure of how I'm going to put them together and of the final arrangement. I have two very different background fabrics that I'm considering, one a dull green silk noil the other a rust, green, yellow silk broadcloth. My inspiration was an image in my head of the fall colors that I drove through on our trip to the east coast two years ago. Now I'm thinking more of a view from above with a river meandering thru.
Daily stitching project #217 - #224

No comments:

Post a Comment