Monday, June 7, 2010

New projects

In the past week I've become part of two different projects. The first one is The Sketchbook Project and I received my sketchbook in the mail today. The sketchbook has to be completed by the end of the year and then sent back in to become a part of The Brooklyn Art Library's permanent collection. There are several themes to choose from and since I'm not a sketchbook user I chose "This is not a Sketchbook". I plan on filling the pages with fabric and possibly some stitches. I've tried many times to keep a sketchbook but have never succeeded, so by using fabric and not thinking of it as a sketchbook I'm hoping to succeed with it.



The second one is online at ideas of inspiration. I've joined a group of creative souls that are given a theme twice a month as inspiration for a photo or project. The theme for the beginning of June was turquoise/teal. I had a few photos that fit the theme, so I posted those. I'm hoping that it will help jump start me when I'm stuck or getting bored with the photos I've been doing daily.

Both of these projects will force me to step out of my comfort zone and I'm looking forward to that.

1 comment:

  1. so did you get the sketchbook finished? I had two blank pages left by the deadline - life was just too busy. Love the whole idea though!

    ReplyDelete